Always wanted to add some artwork to your wall but found it to be too expensive? Try adding virtual artwork instead! This is a demo iOS app that allows users to add a picture from their camera roll to a vertical plane (like a wall!). The pictures are added with a picture frame, which is a 3D model brought in from echoAR. The full demo can also be found on echoAR’s GitHub.
Don’t have an API key? Make sure to register for FREE at echoAR.
- Clone this project and open in Xcode
- Set your echoAR API key in the EchoAR.swift file *Add a picture frame model to the echoAR console (you can search and find one on the platform itself)
- Note: this demo is using a mirror 3D model as its picture frame
- Add the entry id of your picture frame model, to the ViewController.swift file
- Build and run the AR Application
- Make sure your signing and capabilities are correctly configured so you can run on device.
- Connect your device to your computer (unlock it)
- Select your device, and build and run.
Refer to our documentation to learn more about how to use Swift and echoAR.
Demo created by Daye Jack.
echoAR (http://www.echoAR.xyz; Techstars ’19) is a cloud platform for augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) that provides tools and server-side infrastructure to help developers & companies quickly build and deploy AR/VR apps and experiences.