💪Step by Step Tutorial
Please watch the video or read the step by step instructions below!
From the team behind Apache Cordova, the Adobe PhoneGap framework is an open-source distribution of Cordova — providing the advantage of technology created by a diverse team of pros along with a robust developer community —
PhoneGap Build takes the pain out of compiling PhoneGap apps. Get app-store ready apps without the headache of maintaining native SDKs. The PhoneGap Build service does the work for you by compiling in the cloud. — by PhoneGap
I’m pretty sure you already have done this step, but for anyone who is not very familiar with coding, please install a text editor (like Atom, Notepad++, Subline) or check this video to find an editor. Personally I’ll be using Subline, but it honestly doesn't matter.
Create the configuration file. The code can be found here as well:
<?xml version=”1.0" encoding=”UTF-8" ?> <widget xmlns = “http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:gap = “http://phonegap.com/ns/1.0" id = “com.phonegap.example” versionCode = “10” version = “1.0.0” > <! — versionCode is optional and Android only --> <name>Eleftheria’s app</name> <description> An example for phonegap build docs. </description> <author href="https://build.phonegap.com"email=”firstname.lastname@example.org"> Eleftheria Batsou </author> </widget>
Name the file as config.xml. By default, you don’t have to change anything but I would change the “name” and the “author”. Save it in a new folder. You can name the folder however you want.
- Create an index.html file and include the basic structure (as you see in the video or below). Save it in the folder you created in the previous step.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>Eleef Title</title> </head> <body> <h1>my first header</h1> <p>hi, this is a paragraph</p> <button onclick="alert(‘omg, this is a working button’)">Click me!</button> </body> </html>
- Create the zip folder with the 2 files
- Open PhoneGap on your browser
- Sign in or register… (don’t worry, it’s free and it doesn't take much time)
- Upload the zip file, and you are ready🥳️!!
- Use your android phone to scan the bar code
- Say “yes/install” or “install anyway” to every pop up on your phone
- And now you should be able to use the app on your phone, congratulations🎉!
- Download or create a small icon (preferable dimensions: 144x144px or 256x256px), save it as icon.png on your folder
- On config, after “author” add:
- Save the file, and create a new .zip
- Upload the new zip on PhoneGap and check your app again!
On your smartphone close every tab on the browser!!! otherwise, you won’t be able to download your app!!
Thank you for taking the time to read my story and watch my videos.
Would you like to get me a coffee?!☕️
You can do that here → paypal.me/eleftheriabatsou
But If you can’t, that’s ok too 😍.