This page will discuss the formulas to sum the values in the cells that contain an Asterisk in Excel Office 365. Let’s get into this article!! Get an official version of ** MS Excel** from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/excel
- To sum the values in the cells that contain an asterisk in Excel, use the below formula.
- SUMIF – The Excel SUMIF Function will help to sum the cells that meet a single condition or criteria.
- Comma symbol (,) – It is a separator which helps to separate a list of values.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
- Range – It represents the input data given in the worksheet.
- Asterisk (*) – An asterisk (*) means “one or more characters”.
- Tilda (~) – In Excel, this symbol act as a marker to indicate the next character.
- Sum-range – It represents the input values given in the worksheet.
- Now we are going to see how to sum the values in the cells that contain an asterisk in Excel.
- Refer to the below image.
- First, you need to give the input values.
- Here, we will give the input values in Column B and Column C.
- Then, enter the given formula in the formula bar section.
- Finally, it displays the result in the selected Cell F2.
From this tutorial, you can get some clarification on the formulas used to sum the values in the cells that contain an asterisk in Excel Office 365. Hope you like this article. If you have any suggestions, don’t forget to share it with us. Thank you so much for Reading!! Keep learning on Geek Excel!! *and Excel Formulas *!!