On our blog, we have already learned the formula to test if a cell value is X or Y and Z in Excel. In this article, we are going to learn the simple formula to test the cell value with more logical functions like X and (Y or Z) in Excel. Let’s get into this article!! Get an official version of ** MS Excel** from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/excel
- To test the cell value based on logical functions in Excel, use the below formula.
- IF – In Excel, the IF function helps to return one value for a TRUE result, and another for a FALSE result.
- AND – The AND Function checks multiple Conditions and returns **TRUE **if all the conditions are evaluated as true otherwise returns FALSE.
- OR – It is a logical function to test multiple conditions at the same time. The OR Function helps to return either TRUE or FALSE.
- A1, B1 – It is the input data from your worksheet.
- Comma symbol (,) – It is a separator that helps to separate a list of values.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
Let’s consider the below example. Here we will show how to perform the more complex logic functions in Excel.
- First, we will enter the input values in Column B to Column D.
- Here, we are going to select the candidates based on their course and grades.
- Apply the above-given formula in the formula bar section and press the “Enter” key.
- Now, the result will be displayed in the selected cell.
From this tutorial, you can get some clarification on how to test the cell value based on logical functions such as X and (Y or Z) in Excel? Please feel free to state your query or feedback for the above article. To learn more, check out *Geek Excel **and Excel Formulas *!! **