Hello readers it's day seven of my learning Java journey and today I will share with you my learning of Operators in java.
As we have symbols in mathematics to perform certain calculation say the plus '+' for addition and so on similarly we have operators in Java to perform either a mathematical or logical manipulation
- Java has four types of operators:- i. Mathematical ii. Logical iii. Relational iv. Bitwise
- it contains all the symbols that are used in mathematical computation only just be a bit careful with the use of / and %.
|/||integer division (returns quotient)|
|%||modulus (returns remainder)|
- the increment (++) and decrement (--) operators increase or decrease the value of operands by one.
- it can be used in two ways either prefix or postfix.
- relational and logical operators are used to show decide or compare two operands and they produce result as of type Boolean that is either true or false.
in case of logiacal operators the operands must be in form of boolean values.
- Relational Operataors:-
|>=||greater than equal to|
|<=||less than equal to|
|!=||not equal to|
- Logical Operators:-
- the difference between normal and short-circuit logical operators is that normal ones evaluate each operand but in case of short-circuit they only evaluate the second condition of necessary
- the short-circuit operators are also known as conditional-and and conditional-or operators.
- it is used for assigning values to variables.
- it is represented by normal '=' sign and should not be confused with '==' of relational operators.
java also allows you to make a chain of assignments that is to make them get a common value.
int a, b, c; a = b = c =1;
- it is used to simplify the coding convention and save some time. for example-
x = x + 10; can be re-written as x += 10;