Every release is special and this is not an exception. This pandemic period presents a rare opportunity to review more PRs, follow-up on reported issues, build prioritized features and fix major bugs. In fact, perhaps this is the release with the most bug-fixes! A testament of our growing usage and feedback from our community. We can only thank you all for your issue tickets and contributions. And here are the highlights:
The idea behind this popular request is to perform schema versioning on shared database where objects are segmented by schema. This would also enable developers and teams to get dedicated schema version and evolve independently while using single installation. This is more important when teams are not permitted to create and destroy databases during dev/test. Get started here https://yuniql.io/docs/get-started/
yuniql run -a --meta-schema dev01 --platform sqlserver yuniql run -a --meta-schema dev02 --platform sqlserver yuniql run -a --meta-schema dev03 --platform sqlserver yuniql run -a --meta-schema sales --platform sqlserver yuniql run -a --meta-schema inventory --platform sqlserver yuniql run -a --meta-schema manufacturing --platform sqlserver
This release comes with previous support for Oracle. The platform tests has been executed using Oracle Enterprise 12C on docker container and Oracle Autonomous Database. You can explore this feature and get started here https://yuniql.io/docs/get-started-oracle/
docker run --rm -dit --name oracle -p 1521:1521 store/oracle/database-enterprise:184.108.40.206-slim SETX YUNIQL_PLATFORM "oracle" SETX YUNIQL_CONNECTION_STRING "Data Source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=localhost)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=ORCLCDB.localdomain)));User Id=sys;Password=Oradoc_db1;DBA Privilege=SYSDBA;" SETX YUNIQL_WORKSPACE "C:\temp\yuniql\samples\basic-oracle-sample" yuniql run --debug yuniql list --debug yuniql erase --force --debug
Can I resolve or ping the database server? Can I establish an Sql/Odbc connection to the master or catalog database? Will my connection string work if I run the migrations on this database server? Is my service account have permissions to establish a session? I hope this simple feature helps in diagnosing migration issues quickly.
yuniql check -c "Server=DESKTOP-ULR8GDO;Database=helloyuniql;Trusted_Connection=True;" -d --platform sqlserver INF 2022-02-21 23:23:11Z Verifying ping connectivity to server/cluster DESKTOP-ULR8GDO... INF 2022-02-21 23:23:11Z Ping connectivity to server/cluster DESKTOP-ULR8GDO - Successful INF 2022-02-21 23:23:11Z Verifying sql/odbc connectivity to master/catalog on DESKTOP-ULR8GDO... INF 2022-02-21 23:23:11Z Sql/odbc connectivity to master/catalog on DESKTOP-ULR8GDO - Successful INF 2022-02-21 23:23:11Z Verifying sql/odbc connectivity to database helloyuniql on DESKTOP-ULR8GDO... INF 2022-02-21 23:23:11Z Sql/odbc connectivity to database helloyuniql on DESKTOP-ULR8GDO - Successful
Warning: Needless to say, don't use this in production. Just don't. This feature enables testers to rapidly deploy test databases and destroy when the test execution completes. If
yuniql erase is not sufficient,
yuniql destroy might suffice. It's quite simple, you prepare the destroy scripts yourself and do the necessary handling and sequence to drop the database.
docker run --rm -dit -e "ACCEPT_EULA=Y" -e "MSSQL_SA_PASSWORD=P@ssw0rd!" -p 1400:1433 -d mcr.microsoft.com/mssql/server:2017-latest SETX YUNIQL_CONNECTION_STRING "Server=localhost,1400;Database=helloyuniql;User Id=SA;Password=P@ssw0rd!" SETX YUNIQL_WORKSPACE "C:\temp\yuniql\samples\basic-sqlserver-sample" SETX YUNIQL_PLATFORM "sqlserver" yuniql run -a --debug yuniql list --debug yuniql destroy --force --debug
- Support multi-tenant database
- Support Oracle platform
yuniql check: Basic connectivity check to the target database.
yuniql destroy: Drops database using custom prepared scripts.
yuniql apply: A synonym for
yuniql runto avoid conflict in
trace-silent: Console window only log and no log files produced.
trace-sensitive-data: Print secrets and connection strings into console window and log files.
trace-directory: Set the directory where log files are created.
- Many many bug fixes and code improvements
- Directory names like v10.0.0 and higher versions are not taking as latest #249
- Failed database updates should ideally fail with a non-zero exit code #198
- MSSQL/New version: SUSER_SNAME() throw an exception: String or binary data would be truncated. #201
- Providing table name for the schema version table cause error #202
- I am implementing Erease Yuniql and I get the following error This NpgsqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable, the process deletes my tables in PostgreSQL (HyperScale) but flag that error. #204
- Error when setting up multi-tenant on shared databases instance #207
- Environment-aware migration not working. #208
- -- environment argument does not work #214
- CSV import towards SQLServer with a uniqueidentifier column #239
- Fixed failing bulk import when destination tables uses Pascal case
- Revise all test scripts to CREATE TABLE instead of CREATE PROC #221
- Run platform tests in single database and not creating database per test case #220
- Why Core is linked to SqlServer ??? #241
- dynamically extract manifest data using reflection https://github.com/rdagumampan/yuniql/commit/74cba91c4ef954d0493052a68a6fd0e8db6441e6
Special thanks to @bobi591, @wahmedswl, @zwdor20, @black-eagle17, @automada, @gfnavarro for your significant contributions in this release. Also for everyone filing issue tickets and asking questions, thanks for all your feedback.