📩 We're sharing our most recent developer digest here on DEV! If you're interested in subscribing to monthly developer updates, sign up here.
The new Search API optimizes retrieval and filtering of resources and metadata in Payment Intents, Customers, Subscriptions and more. In the latest episode of Developer office hours, watch as @cjav_dev and @charlesw_dev preview the feature and answer common questions.
Read the docs, test out code examples, and request your beta invite at stripe.com/docs/search-api.
Billing integration builder: Explore the new integration builder for creating Subscriptions with Stripe Checkout. This interactive code sample can help you configure both the frontend and backend languages in addition to an end-to-end integration guide.
Payment Links: You can now customize the success page of your Payment Links to add a custom message or redirect to your own success URL for post-transaction fulfillment. In addition, Payment Links now allows you to calculate and collect tax automatically with Stripe Tax.
Stripe Checkout updates: This month has several top feature requests now live for developers:
- Phone number support: You can now collect your customers’ phone numbers for shipping and invoicing if required.
- Subscription upsells: Offer your customers the option to upgrade to a longer-term plan at Checkout and increase the average order value and cash flow.
- Sub-cent decimal prices: Checkout now supports sub-cent prices in subscription mode. This is useful for metered billing models where sub-cent usage can be reported for the billing period.
Stripe Connect—Standard platform controls: A new set of features is available to Standard Connect platforms, such as controlling payout timing and co-branding the account experience. Note these updates include a new policy: Only one platform can be connected to a Stripe account at any one time.
Billing API update: Subscription ID lengths have increased from 18 to 28 characters. Read more on changes in the API and ID lengths here.
The new Stripe Terminal reader is available in the US and Canada: The WisePOS E Terminal reader is now available in the US and Canada, allowing you to extend your existing Stripe API integration to secure in-person payments.
Link with Stripe, previously known as “Remember me”, is looking for beta users for upcoming features. If you’re interested in providing developer feedback for Link within your Elements integration, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stripe Android SDK version 17.2.0 and 18.0.0: Android version 17.2.0 introduces PaymentLauncher which is a newer approach for confirming Payment and Setup Intents. Version 18.0.0 introduces a new class for configuring the payment sheet and bugfixes.
- First, learn the key differences between hosted invoices and Payment links. This video covers use cases, reusability, custom payment flow support, and Connect integrations.
- Then checkout how to create, customize, and share a payment link from the Stripe Dashboard and how to quickly edit an existing payment link.
- Finally, learn how to create, customize, and send a Stripe invoice from the Stripe Dashboard.
Stripe Tax: Learn how to get started with Stripe Tax and Checkout, from dashboard configuration to enabling automatic tax collection with a single API call. Then learn how to avoid or fix the
tax_behavior missing for prices error when using Stripe Tax.
Upload product catalog: Learn how to read in and map a JSON object to create a product catalog using the Products and Prices APIs.
Using Stripe .NET to accept payments: Check out this livestream on .NET Live and learn how to securely process payments using C# and Stripe.
The Big Transaction: Join us at The Big Transaction, a virtual conference dedicated to payments engineering. Learn the best strategies, architectures, tips, and tricks for building high-quality payments systems that work at scale.
Thank you to our top open-source contributors this month: beaspider, arnav13081994, afsanehs, john-h-k, rattrayalex, scottypickering, vinistock, ilyailya, Morriar, FnControlOption, MathyouMB, kbacha, and hibariya.
Flutter Stripe released v1.3.0, adding support for multi-line card forms, WeChat Pay, and Google Pay.
Capacitor, a community-built plugin for Stripe, has added support for Apple Pay and Google Pay.
Redwood.js developers are working on a proof of concept integration between Redwood and Stripe Checkout. Try out the project and file issues and PRs if interested in providing feedback or contributing.
- Learn how to use Stripe’s new cart recovery email feature (now in beta). [Video from Orlando Kalossakas of Landing Feedback]
- Build a full stack ecommerce store with Next.js, Strapi, Magic, and Stripe. [video from Alex the Entreprenerd]
- Buy a ticket to watch all of the videos from Laracon, including Dries Vints speaking about how to get the most out of Cashier (Stripe) and Paddle.
- Walk through how to build a membership blog using Laravel Cashier. [video playlist from AlvinJay Academy]
- Build a no-code ecommerce store using Airtable and Bravo. [video from Becca Fergie of Bravo Studio]
- Learn how to add Stripe Checkout to a .NET Blazor application. [video from Patrick God]
- Implement Stripe Checkout in a Django app. [video from Ryan Chung]
💬 Follow us at @StripeDev on Twitter for updates and answers to your developer questions. Let us know what you’re working on with the Stripe API!
👾 Join the Stripe Discord server and chat live with other developers.
📺 Subscribe to Stripe Developers on YouTube for office hours, live streams, and online technical workshops.
📚 Add us on DEV for how-to articles and past editions of this developer digest.
What would you like to see more (or less) of? Let us know by replying to this email. If you have questions, comments, or need help with code, we’re here to help via email, or on Discord, Twitter, and Stack Overflow. View our code samples on GitHub.
—The Stripe team