It's got to be something else. I tried a basic 'hello world' exercise from the serverless.com site and get the proper response. Both serverless.yml and handler.js are in the same dir. Similar to this repo when I git clone it. Since I have not changed the name of the function or its placement, I suspect some component of handler.js. Learning more about troubleshooting lambda quickly. To clarify, even though when we download the authentication file from google and a name is assigned, we have to rename it to g-auth.json and have it in the root dir? I have tried it in a few places.
Sounds like you probably didn't run npm install before running serverless deploy. This is required in order to deploy the necessary node_modules that contain the dependencies needed for the Lambda to run. I have updated this blog post to reflect that.
Thanks Kyle. I retried with the npm install and still didn't have any luck. After grubbing around google, I decided to give package.json a look and there were some babel dependencies that crept in. I have no idea how since I git cloned your repo but after doing a diff on the files and replacing with the original code, I have eliminated that error.
Now I am getting a undefined type error when it reads the 'text' column from the spreadsheet. Good crash course on node.js troubleshooting. ;-)
We're a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
We strive for transparency and don't collect excess data.