- Git is a version control system.
- It keeps track on changes that have been made on files.
- It allow developers to roll back to a previous version of their code.
- It simplifies working on a project as a team.
- GitHub is a web based repository that allow developers to work with others online on the same application.
- GitHub acts as a safe store of your application code. When you accidentally delete your code from your local machine, you can easily pull it back from GitHub.
- If you are a programmer make sure to use GitHub or Bitbucket for your projects.
- This is a great way to show case your skills and keep your code safe. You can also revert changes.
- Participate on open source projects for networking and to grow your skills. You can also earn some extra income from sponsored projects. (Did you know DEV is open source?)
I have pinned some videos below to help you get started with git and GitHub.
Please support my content (Stay Awesome!)
Here you will learn the most common git commands and how to work with GitHub.
The following video will help you to understand more about git branches and how to resolve conflicts