What is Data Masking?
- Data Masking is a process that is used to hide data.
- In Data Masking, real data is masked or hidden by replacing them with random characters.
- It protects confidential information from those who don’t have the authorization to see it.
Why Data Masking Is Required?
- Data Masking shields PII data and other confidential information of the organization.
- It secures the file transferring process from one location to another.
- It also helps to secure application development, testing, or CRM applications.
- It allows users to access dummy data for testing or training purposes. Image Source: Wallarm
Data Masking Tools
- K2View Data Masking
- Oracle Data Masking and Subsetting
- Accutive Data Discovery & Masking