S1:E7 - Google’s Carbon Footprint, NVIDIA’s Arm Acquisition, TikTok’s Algorithm, and C++20
In this episode, we talk about a huge update to C++, TikTok’s algorithm and Oracle partnership, and NVIDIA’s Arm acquisition. We then chat with senior engineer at Forem and rotating co-host of DevNews, Vaidehi Joshi, about Google’s carbon footprint, and the environmental impact of our data.
- Heroku (sponsor)
- DevDiscuss (sponsor)
- Vonage (sponsor)
- CodeNewbie (sponsor)
- C++20 Approved
- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Oracle winning bid for TikTok’s U.S. assets
- Inside TikTok's killer algorithm
- It’s Official- NVIDIA Acquires Arm For $40 Billion To Create What Could Be A Computing Juggernaut
- Save Arm
- Our third decade of climate action: Realizing a carbon-free future
- The Cost of Data with Vaidehi Joshi
- Cloud Sustainability Console
- The State of Data Center Energy Use in 2018
Vaidehi Joshi is a senior software engineer at DEV, and creator of the Base.cs blog series and co-host of the Base.cs podcast.