I am writing this piece for 12 months…
In this post, I'm sharing my highlights of 2019. I 've been keeping notes of the things that I'm most proud of and I thought it would be a fun idea to publish them and also create a short video.
Watch the 2019 video recap below ⬇️
- I have 4000 followers on Twitter
- I finished the 2nd course about d3.js which was created for PacktPub
- I visited Athens (due to my masters)
- My 2nd course for PacktPub is being published😊
- My contract with PacktPub is getting renewed. So I was asked to work on the 3rd course about D3.js!
- I visited Athens once again
- I was contacted to write an article for rosadigitaleweek. This article was about women in tech and I’m really glad I wrote it 🙆
- I got accepted to speak at PyConfWeb in Munich, German
- I finished the 3rd course for PacktPub
- I reached 1200 subscribers on YouTube
- I visited Athens for the 3rd time this year
- I started the dailyUI challenge (you can find the articles here). Note: If you plan to take this challenge please read this article first.
- I’ m publishing the 3rd course about D3.js for PacktPub
- I’m giving a talk, remotely, at International’s women day at Warri, Nigeria!
- My colleagues from Germany came. We held our meetings in a Villa🤓
- A greek magazine published a paper a colleague and I had written/presented in a conference the previous year
- I’m going to Munich, Germany
- And I’m giving a talk at PyWebCon, the talk is about D3.js and the great things you can build using it!
- But I also stopped for a few weeks to do everything, I stopped youtube, tweeting, gym, etc as it was time to focus on my studies…
- The company I work for had a yearly-event and we decided to go for rafting!!
- After that, we also celebrated the 5 years my company is developing (the party was amazing!!)
- I also went to Poland (Warsaw and Krakow)
- And I spoke at the AppforumEvent organized by Zebra
- I attended the DevIT conference in Thessaloniki, Greece
- I had my final exams for my masters and I went to Athens. I was very nervous… (watch the experience below)
- But, thankfully I passed the exams and I was so happy
- I’m recording a podcast with Ben and Karmes from CodeCareers find it here
- I’m recording another podcast with Abbey from FreeCodeCamp find it here
- And I’m having an interview with Karl for his youtube channel, watch it here
- Also, my Youtube channel reached 1600 subscribers
- Well, I don’t have a lot to mention about this month… My only goal was → Vacations!
- We held another work event, we went to an entertainment park (called magic park) and we had a lot of fun!
- My colleagues from German came again, and we had our meetings in a lovely villa next to a pool (they are coming twice a year)
- I finally have 6000 followers on twitter
- I started the 2nd year of my master’s, this time as a full-time student!
- I’ m going for the 1st time in Riga, Latvia as I’m a speaker at the DevOps Unicorns conference
- I’m going for the 2nd time this year in Munich, Germany as I’m a speaker at the CFCamp conference.
- I submitted the first set of projects for my masters (1/5), and my scores were 7/10 and 10/10!
- I gave, in my company, a talk about UX/UI
- I’ m going for the 1st time in Cape Town, South Africa as I’m a speaker at the Let’s Test conference
- I reached 1900 subscribers on Youtube
- I submitted the second set of projects for my masters (2/5), and my scores were 8.5/10 and 8.5/10!
- I’m going to Poland, for the second time, as I’m a speaker at ConFrontJS
- I reached 2000 subscribers on Youtube
I wish you an AMAZING year.
2020 is your year to shine.
Stay focused and determined, you got this.
If you want to see my 2018 recap, please read it here.
Thank you for taking the time to read my story and watch my videos.
Would you like to get me a coffee?!☕️
You can do that here → paypal.me/eleftheriabatsou
But If you can’t, that’s ok too 😍.
Claim your page on DEV before someone else does
Level up every day