In this episode, Donn talks about the best way to learn a new technology from the ground up. Want to learn something new? This episode is for you.
You'll learn Donn's proven 5-step methodology for learning new technology. This is the same method Donn has used for over 2 decades of learning new technology. We hope it helps you.
The 5 Steps:
- Choose a Simple Problem Domain (Note Taking app or Calorie/Protein Tracker)
- Do not worry about best practices
- Start Small, then go smaller: Super tiny nibbles of work
- Build Something Ugly and just "Get it working"
- Don't Conflate Technologies if you don't have to. Keep it simple.
Donn's Free 9+ Hour Kotlin Course
Watch the entire course here, for free