- Hi there 👋, my name is Kaiz Khatri. I'm a full-time
opensourceninja and I create cursor themes. Currently, I'm creating Themes Engine to automate the theme generating workflow.
- I learned a lot from the Dev Community & GitHub in the last two years.
- So today I'm sharing my all experience with this piece of software.
- I hope you enjoyed
#actionshackathonas much as I did.
TheActionDev is Github Action that allows you to write & maintain dev.to articles without touching the
dev.to UI. This action is initiated in #ActionsHackathon and is using DEV API. This action is scan your Github Repository based on
directory input and finds articles based on the Jekyll front matter in
- Version Control for dev.to articles ⚡
- Time travel 🚀
- Collaborate with other people 🤗
- Reduce one tab of your web browser 😱
💌 Maintainer must-haves
Write dev.to articles with GitHub Action.
Start writing dev.to articles with TheActionDev-template
⚠️ Deprecation of v1 and v2
As of May 28, 2022, v1 and v2 has been fully sunset and no longer functions
Due to the deprecation of the underlying utility functions, the TheActionDev GitHub Action
v3 which will use the js-yaml library for parsing front-matter in articles.
I will be restricting any updates to the
v2 Actions to security updates and hotfixes.
v3 uploader has a few breaking changes for users
- Multiple tags have not been assigned as string with colon(,) or have been deprecated. Instead of use YAML Array List to assign it.
What is TheActionDev?
TheActionDev is Github Action that allows you to write & upsert dev.to articles
without touching the
dev.to UI. This action is initiated in ActionsHackathon and using…