DEV Community πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»

James Grills
James Grills

Posted on

Why mobile Industry feels blessed after the introduction of AI and machine learning into it?

Going by a report published by Mckinsey Global Institute β€œTech giants such as Google and Baidu have invested more than $20 billion on AI in the previous year, with 90% of it on R&D and deployment along with remaining 10% on major AI acquisitions”
AI and machine learning are two hot buzzwords now and are often used interchangeably. As AI and machine learning grows, the way industries and companies will do business will also change rapidly. The impact of the two disruptive technologies on the way we live and work is all pervasive.

Moving on, the two technologies have become a crucial part of the mobile industry. But before discussing its multifarious benefits to the mobile industry, let’s have a quick look at the basic concepts of these emerging technologies.

What is Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning?

The term "artificial intelligence" is used when a machine impersonates "reasoning" functions of human minds, including "learning" and "problem-solving”. In the coming years, AI will help to comprehend and define the next generation of all software solutions. It will be used to build smart and more functional apps, which will help the organizations to run their businesses in a better and more efficient way, thus enriching people’s lives.

Machine learning, on the other hand, can be used to make predictive models for AI. The software can be used to process, analyze, as well as take out meaning from the natural language.

Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the Mobile Industry

The rate at which AI and Machine Learning are expanding is gaining momentum. All business sectors are hugely investing in them, but mobile industry shows maximum potential and is one of the fastest evolving areas for AI and ML.

Today, many mobile app development companies have launched new software that will allow the mobile apps to include machine learning, for example, the actual training of models can be done right on the smartphones. Tech companies are focused on introducing new apps that use machine learning by showing adequate images or other data to an artificial intelligence program until it begins to distinguish important patterns, such as what a subway bun and normal bun looks like. This is the way how apps such as Food calorie counter can easily identify what you point the smartphone’s camera at.

Users Are Looking For Personalized Experiences

Mobile app users are constantly looking for smart apps that proffer a highly tailored and personalized user experience. Consequently, app developers are leveraging AI and machine learning to produce interactive and intuitive apps that help the users to conveniently accomplish all tasks.
For instance, β€œMy Starbucks Barista” app by Starbucks allows its users to choose whatever they wish to have and places order itself on their behalf. Similarly, Taco Bell’s β€œTacoBot” offers a completely personalized menu suggestion to the users based on the insights collected from their previous purchase trends.
Apple’s iPhone X comes with a Bionic chip and neural engine which is capable of perform AI tasks such as face recognition. Combining these amazing technologies with the built-in features makes the apps much more engaging, relevant and personalized.

Fresh Opportunities for App Development

AI & ML have modernized the mobile app industry by introducing a complete new category of mobile app prospects. AI has long been a part of mobile app development, where it all started with Apple’s Siri. However now, this technology has evolved with leaps and bounds and provides endless opportunities for developing highly interactive apps. On the other hand, machine learning has progressed to give users intuitive and personalized mobile experiences.
Today, an increasing number of IoT app developers are embracing the two disruptive technologies to bring together some revolutionary and intelligent concepts of interacting with mobile apps.

Top comments (0)

🌚 Friends don't let friends browse without dark mode.

Sorry, it's true.