.NET Conf 2020 is done and .NET 5 is finally here!
Information about this release is spread across a bunch of blogs, videos and whatnot, so I thought of grabbing a bunch of links and put them in a post for quick reference.
If I forget something (very likely), feel free to ping me so I update the post.
- Announcing .NET 5.0
- C# 9.0 on the record
- Announcing F# 5
- Announcing ASP.NET Core in .NET 5
- Announcing the Release of EF Core 5.0
- The future of .NET Standard
- Performance Improvements in .NET 5
- gRPC performance improvements in .NET 5
- Getting Started With NuGet 5.8
- Cross Platform Managed Memory Dump Debugging
- ARM64 Performance in .NET 5
- App Trimming in .NET 5
- Customizing Trimming in .NET 5
- Improvements in native code interop in .NET 5.0
- Visual Studio 2019 v16.8 and v16.9 Preview 1 Release Today
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.8 is now available
- Recapping Xamarin Highlights from .NET Conf 2020
- .NET Core Releases and Support
- What’s new in .NET 5
- What’s new in C# 9.0
- Breaking changes for migration from version 3.1 to 5.0
- Migrate from ASP.NET Core 3.1 to 5.0
- Breaking changes in EF Core 5.0
- Single file deployment and executable
- Trim self-contained deployments and executables
Hope this link summary is useful. Again, let me know if there’s any important link I forgot!
Any favorite among all the highlights? Let me know in the comments 🙂.
Thanks for stopping by, cyaz!