Jerod welcomes new panelists Emma Wedekind and Divya Sasidharan to the party! We get to know these two amazing ladies and then open up the conversation to talk about what’s on their mind. Divya broaches the nuanced topics of keeping up with the fast pace of the developer world while maintaining balance and Emma wants to talk books.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Manifold – Manifold is the easiest way for you to discover, buy, and manage the best developer services for your application, regardless of your cloud. Discover the best cloud services for your projects at manifold.co
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Emma Wedekind – Twitter, GitHub
- Divya Sasidharan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- Listen to this episode of The Changelog for more on Emma’s writing and mentoring efforts
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Malcom Gladwell’s Outliers
- Refactoring UI by Adam Wathan & Steve Schoger
- Blinkist is not a sponsor… yet! 😜
- Or you can just learn How To Talk About Books You Haven’t Read
- The Mythical Man-Month is a classic
- As is The Pragmatic Programmer
- The You Don’t Know JS book series
- Here’s Code Complete in PDF format