Refactoring script soup
KBall, Nick, and Chris dig into the various dimensions along which projects vary, dig into testing and best practices, and share a number of lessons learned from legacy projects.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Algolia – Our search partner. Algolia’s full suite search APIs enable teams to develop unique search and discovery experiences across all platforms and devices. We’re using Algolia to power our site search here at Changelog.com. Get started for free and learn more at algolia.com.
- Gauge – Low maintenance test automation! Gauge is free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing. Less code, less maintenance, more acceptance testing. Gauge is a free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing. Gauge tests are in Markdown which makes writing and maintaining tests easier.
- GitPrime – Download GitPrime’s 20 Patterns book, a field guide to help engineering managers recognize achievement, spot bottlenecks, and debug development processes with data.
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Christopher Hiller – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Ways projects vary
- 12 Signs You’re Working in a Feature Factory
- Node Release Schedule
- Reddit discussion on developing mission critical software
- Survivorship Bias
Testing & best practices
Legacy code & refactoring
Contest ~> NodeConf Columbia ticket raffle
Prize: 1 ticket to NodeConf Columbia, June 21-22, Medellin Colombia
How to enter:
- Rate or review JSParty in your favorite podcast app and send us a screenshot (10 entries into raffle)
- Share your favorite JSParty episode and send us a screenshot (1 entry)
Number of entries any one participant can gain is unbounded. Send submissions to email@example.com
Deadline for submissions ends at Midnight on April 30, 2019.