Spicy fonts and static sites 🌶️
Zach Leatherman joins the party with Divya and Nick to talk about fonts and static site generators! Zach shares his knowledge about font loading, what can go wrong, and how we can avoid issues. Then we discuss Zach’s newest project, Eleventy, a simple static site generator, and the panelists share things they are excited about.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Algolia – Our search partner. Algolia’s full suite search APIs enable teams to develop unique search and discovery experiences across all platforms and devices. We’re using Algolia to power our site search here at Changelog.com. Get started for free and learn more at algolia.com.
- Gauge – Low maintenance test automation! Gauge is free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing. Less code, less maintenance, more acceptance testing. Gauge is a free and open source test automation framework that takes the pain out of acceptance testing. Gauge tests are in Markdown which makes writing and maintaining tests easier.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Zach Leatherman – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Divya Sasidharan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Fonts and font loading
- The Mitt Romney Web Font Problem
- Google Fonts
- The Scoville Scale of web font loading opinions
- Eleventy - a simpler static site generator
- GitHub Actions
- Who’s using 11ty?
- Support Eleventy
What we’re excited about