DEV Community

Discussion on: UX Engineering

keithinstone profile image
Keith Instone

Long ago, this was called a "User Interface Architect", to differentiate from a UI designer (who specified UIs) and a UI developer (who built specific UIs). The "architect" label is often used for roles that work across projects, such as managing design systems. As design systems become more popular, we will need more people in roles like this. Thanks for sharing your story.