DreamBox Learning is hiring Senior Software Development Engineer
Lorenzo Pasqualis Apr 4
For more than a decade we’ve been adapting, innovating and collaborating to shape new learning possibilities for over 2 million kids and 75,000 teachers. Our mission is to inspire all students to think differently about math and love it. We have a creative and fun office environment (foosball table, awesome coffee, dog and kid-friendly) and a work-life-balanced company culture that acknowledges hard work while encouraging innovation and professional growth.
Our award-winning online math software is a pioneer in the EdTech space, and we continue to be at the forefront of the industry. Our adaptive technology, rigorous curriculum, and game-like environment work together to provide a unique learning experience that’s like no other.
About The Opportunity
We are an Agile shop, and our team is made up of a diverse group of self-motivated, passionate, and adaptive software engineers. Our Interactive Software Development Engineers create and implement interactive designs for students to experience on desktops and tablets. We are seeking to add a new senior member to the team—someone with technical and people leadership skills, and strong desire to grow with the company and improve the lives of children and learning guardians.
A typical day in this position involves working with engineers, artists, UI/UX designers, and teachers, to create, deliver and support high-quality software. You will be designing and building interactive components to provide a rich and engaging experience for students to explore and master mathematical concepts.
We are seeking someone with a passion for learning, not afraid of challenges, and a knack for solving hard problems. We are changing the lives of students, teachers, and families with our software, and you will play a critical role in expanding and supporting the content and platform that are at the heart of our product offering.
We work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies. We need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently and collaboratively. Successful interactive software development engineers at DreamBox are highly-motivated and productive coders with a strong background in Object Oriented Programming and an appreciation for smooth animations, elegant UI, tasteful transitions, game mechanics, and steady frame rates. They also have experience with a variety of client-side platforms and technologies and have collaborated to ship software successfully.
This person will take on the following responsibilities:
- Create content for our DreamBox Learning experience.
- Help us improve our software platform.
- Operate in a collaborative development environment.
- Help us refine development processes and strategies.
- Deliver quality work to meet our deadlines.
- Support and maintain released software.
- Grow into a technical and people leader.
Skill & Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional programming experience.
- Recent and extensive working knowledge in designing and implementing interactive software.
- Expertise in writing and cross-browser web applications.
- Experience with client-server technologies, like REST, HTTP, JSON.
- Experience implementing designs for a user experience across desktop and tablet devices.
- Solid understanding of the DOM and Canvas.
- Front-end debugging experience using tools such as Charles Web Proxy, Firebug and - Chrome developer tools.
- Self-motivated and passionate about software engineering and technology.
How To Apply
Please feel free to leave questions in the comments section.