A good developer strives for organization.
It always bothered me that my Downloads folder was a mess. It's that huge folder full of random files.
I've just formatted by PC, and wanted a way to better organize my Downloads folder. That's why I created an Chrome extension to do it for me. It's called "Organize Downloads by Date". It simply put files in the current year and month it was downloaded. Example:
This gives a minimum organization to the Downloads folder, which can be handy to keep it clean in time.
The extension can be downloaded here:
It is also available on Github:
Organize Downloads by Date - Chrome Extension
This is a very simple extension, it automatically organizes your downloads by date, like so:
- This extension is available on Chrome Store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/organize-downloads-by-dat/ipjljbilkibpncgnagphiamkkdilbbki/related
- Recommended: Click the extension icon -> "Hide in Chrome menu" (it works in the background, no need for the icon)
Doing a manual installation can be useful if you want to modify anything in the extension.
- Download the extension
- Extract to a folder of your choice
- Open Chrome -> Extensions -> Enable Developer Mode
- Click on "Load unpacked" and point to the folder of step 2
- That's it!