Over the past two months I've been looking for a new job and I realized how important it was to keep track of applications.
I was making a list of potential jobs, tracking which applications I've sent, and keeping notes about each lead. Instead of using Excel I wanted a web app and I've been looking for a new project for a while, so I built JobHuntBuddy.co.
It's still quite early, but I believe the core functionality is there:
- Add a Lead with a company name, job title, link to job posting, and a few more key pieces of information about the job.
- Status - manage the status of an application so you know where in the process you are, and if there's any action you should be taking. Currently either 'Just a prospect', 'Application Sent', 'Interview Set', and 'Rejected'
- Notes - I like to keep notes about job listings so I remember what I said in the cover letter, questions I should ask during the interview, or anything else that I don't want to forget (or confuse with a different job listing)
- It scratches my own itch
- I wanted to learn Nuxt, so I needed a new project
- I wanted to keep it open source as a code example, since most of my recent work is not publicly available.
If have any feedback, criticisms, or anything else I look forward to answering comments!
Check it out for yourself: JobHuntBuddy.co
Follow me on Twitter: @michaelmesserli