This summer me and my friends were looking for internships, I'm sure a lot of people are also in search of a good opportunity.
Working in open source would give you a great understanding of how software is made.
Why you should work on Open Source projects:
- You get work on production code
- Learn to work as a team
- You have a choice, choose your favourite project!
- Something you could showcase to your future interviewer
Here is the list of open source internships you guys might be interested in
- *Interns must be currently enrolled or employed at a U.S. university or other research institution and must currently reside in, and be eligible to work in, the United States.
- ** OSoC is only open to Belgian students.
Open Source Competitions
|Bountiful Open Source Summer- BOSS||Prizes For Winners*||timeline|
|FOSSASIA Codeheat||Cash Prizes For Winners||timeline|
|Data Driven Competitions||Cash Prizes For Winners||timeline|
|Quantopian Open||Cash Prizes For Winners||N/A|
|24 Pull Requests||No Prizes Offered||timeline|
|Halite AI Bot Challenge||Swag rewards for winners||N/A|
|OSS World Challenge||Prizes For Winners||timeline|
|ACM MM Open Source Software Competition||Prizes For Winners||N/A|
|Girlscript Summer of Code||Prizes, swag rewards and internship opportunities for winners||timeline|
- *Indian Students Only
- ** OSS World Challenge has temporarily stopped accepting international applications.
|OSS Summer of Innovation||Swag rewards|
|NJACK Winter Of Code||Swag rewards|
|Kharagpur Winter Of Code||Swag rewards|
|OpenCode IIITA||Swag rewards|
|MDG Winter of Code||No|
|FOSSEE Summer Fellowship||No|
|Winter of Code by NSEC||Swag rewards|
Top comments (1)
Congratulations on the great effort you've made to pull together all these opportunities. I would add MLH Fellowship (fellowship.mlh.io/) to the list 😉.