I feel like my beloved Macbook Pro purchased in 2015 will give up sooner or later and I'm starting to consider my options. From what I read here and there people seems disappointed by the new Macbooks (keyboard quality, lack of magsafe, ports, esc key...). Add to that the latest issues in their OS and it seems to me that buying a new Macbook Pro is not worth the $$$$ it costs anymore.
I'm really tempted to get a Surface Laptop and to go back to Windows after being on OSX for almost 10 years. However, I'd like to get the opinions of other devs before doing so. I've read a lot of blog posts but haven't really come across a good discussion between developers.
So, I'd be happy to get your feedback if you have done the transition OSX -> Windows 10. I believe that with Docker I can get rid of a lot of the dev environment issues but I have a few specific questions:
- How's bash on Windows 10?
- How's Docker support?
- What about designing things? Is Figma the answer?
- Is there anything you're missing?
- Is there anything that is now making your life better?
- What about viruses (10 years ago this was a big issue)?