So, almost a week ago, for some reason, I took a proper look at dev.to, having seen it appearing more and more around the web. I tweeted about it as it essentially made me think of MySpace, except, for programmers. I gave it a go, and realised, not only was this easier than having to create new markdown files in GitHub for my current blog, but due to how it works, I could reach a lot more people with my content this way.
Since then, a long five days ago, I've been moving over my blog posts to my dev.to account, at least one per day but sometimes more.
You might see some blog posts pop up that aren't exactly... relevant at this point in time. I've tried to combat this by putting a little notice at the top of every post showing it's original post date. The idea is that once I move everything over to here, I can replace my website without losing content which I've been carrying with me for almost a decade.
So if you've found yourself here trying to work out why I've just posted a blog post seemingly from 2011, this is why.
Update: I've now discovered that I can use front-matter to set the dates correctly. So this post may become irrelevant. Blog migration complete.