One of the most important aspects of being a software developer is the ability to learn new skills quickly. Our industry is moving so quickly you have to keep learning new technologies so your skills don’t get old. So why not watch free pluralsight courses to improve your skills.
There are many great resources online for learning new skills but I have found Pluralsight to have the largest collection of quality videos out there. Most of the courses on Pluralsight are many hours long and made by well-known developers such as Scott Allen, Troy Hunt, Scott Hanselman and Jon Skeet.
I should point out this isn’t a promotional post for Pluralsight, I am just a happy customer.
What is a little less known about Pluralsight is that there many courses that are free to watch without an account. Here is a list of all the free Pluralsight courses I have found that would be useful for developers.
- Introduction to ASP.NET 4 WebForms – Wahlin , Onion
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC 3 – Scott Allen
- Introduction to WebMatrix – Matt Milner
- ASP.NET 3.5 Fundamentals – Fritz Onion , et al. (first chapter)
- ASP.NET 3.5 Security – Keith Sparkjoy (first chapter)
- ASP.NET MVC 5 Fundamentals – Scott Allen
- Building Applications with ASP.NET MVC 4 – Scott Allen
- Amazing Things You Can Do With a Web Browser (And a Bit of Code) – Appleman , Bousso
- Basic HTML for Kids – Jill Gundersen
- Learn to Program: Kodu Kingdom Defense – Patrick Neborg
- Learning How to Program with Scratch – Dr. Joe Hummel
- Learning to Build Apps with App Inventor – John Sonmez
- Making Games With Hopscotch – Lars Klint
- Teaching Kids Programming with C# – Falco , Langit
- Effective Email Communication – Jason Alba
- Get Involved! – Hanselman , Conery
- The Dark Side of Technology Careers – Dan Appleman
- AngularJS: Get Started – Scott Allen
- Play by Play: Angular Testing with John Papa and Ward Bell – Papa , Bell
- ScratchJr Interactive Collage – Troy Kranendonk
- Single Page Apps JumpStart – John Papa (second chapter)
- Hack Yourself First: How to go on the Cyber-Offense – Troy Hunt
- Understanding the Shellshock Bash Bug – Hunt , Manico
- Web Security and the OWASP Top 10: The Big Picture – Troy Hunt
- Introduction to Visual Studio 2010 – Part 1 – Kate Gregory
- Introduction to Visual Studio 2010 – Part 2 – Kate Gregory
- WCF Fundamentals – Aaron Skonnard (second chapter)
- Introduction to Windows Azure – Matt Milner (second chapter)
- Microsoft Azure for Enterprises: What and Why – David Chappell (first chapter)
Did you know, if you have an MSDN Subscription you can get either 15 or 30 free courses depending on your subscription? Microsoft has got a complete list of the free courses on their website.
If this post has been useful or you discover some other free courses on Pluralsight please leave a comment below.