Hey DT community, I need your help and expertise.
I'm an experienced full-stack software engineer, with a strong background in React, React Native, & Ruby on Rails.
I've been having trouble figuring out a good service, library, or template to use to create a self-hosted blog for my business. I'm imagining something similar to the Auth0 Blog.
- I haven't seen an easy way to create this type of thing in React without building it from scratch, which I'd rather not spend a lot of my time doing.
- My customers aren't necessarily developers and I'm not a big fan of Medium, so I'd like it to be hosted along with the business site.
- I'm not opposed to a hosted service, but I would need it to look professional since it's for my business.
- I know Wordpress is a popular choice but I’ve never used it so I hesitate to pick it for the time it may take to learn it and have it integrate into my react app.
- I've heard others mention Gatsby, but from what I could tell, my non-engineer partners couldn't write posts without me translating it into code. (I could be wrong about this. I don't know much about Gatsby).
Thank you in advance!
Edit: An earlier version of this question mentioned WordPress in passing without elaboration. I’ve updated it to clarify my thoughts.