Horizon 29.0.1 is a quick release outside of the normal schedule to address some bugs found in 29.0.0 mostly related to running as non-root, and Minion communication.
For a high-level overview of what has changed in Horizon 29, see What’s New in OpenNMS Horizon 29.
The codename for Horizon 29.0.1 is Emu.
- Kafka topics should start with OpenNMS Instance ID for Twin (Issue NMS-13733)
- opennms.spec file tries to find out if gid 1000 is used but doesn’t actually check hat (Issue NMS-13734)
- Events from Hardware Inventory Provisioning Adapter and SNMP Metadata Provisioning Adapter cannot be distinguished (Issue NMS-13735)
- Upgrade to 29: fix-permissions script fails changing ownership (Issue NMS-13736)
- Minion user not authorized to read from topic OpenNMS.Twin.Sink (Issue NMS-13742)
- opennms-plugin-provisioning-wsman-asset missing on Debian (Issue NMS-13747)
- Upgrade to 29: "$RUNAS is not set" (Issue NMS-13748)
- SNMP Metadata XSD does not allow multiple elements (Issue NMS-13752)