Organization accounts are a FREE option for companies, open-source projects, and anyone else that wants to participate on DEV as part of a broader group.
To create or join an organization, simply head to your settings page.
- Dedicated Landing Page: Your organization will now have a page to display key information, a list of organization members, and more. (e.g. landing pages for Microsoft Azure, DigitalOcean, Twilio, Angular, etc.)
- Organization Branding on Posts: Your team will have the ability to enable org branding on new posts, which will show up in the header, sidebar, and footer.
- Call-to-Action on Posts: Drive readers towards your products and services with a call-to-action unit alongside your posts.
- Enhanced Analytics: Measure performance by keeping track of view counts, reactions, and CTA clicks on each post.
- Build a Following: As community members follow your organization, they’ll receive notifications of new posts, and your content will show up more prominently in their feed.
1. I want to cross-post content, do you support Canonical URLs?
Absolutely. You can set the canonical_url in the Front Matter of each post. We also have an RSS Import tool to make importing articles a bit easier.
2. I publish articles both as an individual, and as part of an organization. Will I need two separate accounts?
Nope — you can continue to use your DEV account as normal. As part of an organization, you will see an option to enable organization branding at the top of every new post.
3. How can I invite more people to my organization?
You’ll see an invite token at the top of your settings page. To add someone to your organization, simply provide them with that token. They’ll enter it at the top of the same page to join the group.
4. Can I join multiple organizations?
Yes! You can do so in your settings. You may want to be a part of a work organization and an open source project, for example.
5. How do I pass my org admin responsibilities off to another member of the org?
Admins of an organization are able to promote other members of their organization into that same Admin role. There can be any number of admins per org.
6. Where do I go to view my organization's analytics?
Org Admins are able to view analytics for all posts published under the organization on the org dashboard.
7. Can you talk about about org roles?
There are only two org roles:
org admin &
org member. Note that all org admins have the same abilities for the moment.
If you are the creator of an org you'll automatically be made an admin, and any other org admins you invite will have the same capabilities as you. To be clear, there is no separate
org creator role at the moment.
8. I have a questions and/or comments?
Great! We’re happy to answer questions, and we welcome your feedback. Please shoot an email to email@example.com.