Hasty Treat - Whats the deal with npm, yarn and lock files?!
In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes discuss npm, yarn, lock files, why they’re useful, why you would or wouldn’t want to track them in Git and much more!Netlify — Sponsor
Netlify is the best way to deploy and host a front-end website. All the features developers need right out of the box: Global CDN, Continuous Deployment, one click HTTPS and more. Hit up netlify.com/syntax for more info.Show Notes
- What is npm and yarn?
- What’s the difference between npm and yarn?
- What is semver?
- What is the dependency tree?
- This is the problem that lock files solve
- Cool new features of npm and yarn
- security warnings
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets