Frogger is a 1981 arcade game developed by Konami and originally published by Sega. The game was originally going to be titled "Highway Crossing Frog," but the executives at Sega felt it did not capture the true nature of the game and was changed simply to "Frogger". The object of the game is to direct a frog to its home by crossing a busy road and navigating a river by jumping on logs. By 2005, Frogger in its various home video game incarnations had sold 20 million copies worldwide, including 5 million in the United States. The game found its way into popular culture, including television and music.
It is a timed grid-based game. In this repo, I will be putting extra focus on the 'switch' use case. If you want to learn how to use switches effectively, please have a look at my code.
What inbuilt functions are we going to focus on?
- arrow functions
Rules of Frogger
- You will start on your blue starting block, or 'starting-block'
- You have 20 seconds from pressing the start button to get to your red block - or 'ending-block' to win the game
- You will lose if the time runs out
- You will lose if you get hit by a car, or 'c1'
- You will lose if you fall into the river, or '.l4, .l5, .lf2, .lf3'
- You will be safe on the road, or '.c2, .c3'
- You will be safe on the logs, or '.l1, .l2, .l3'
- You will move with the logs when on them
- You can pause the game by pressing the same button as you did to start the game
Repo here: https://github.com/kubowania/Frogger
I would love to see what you made so please tag me on twitter on @ania_kubow or mention me on Youtube so I can find it and see :)