Tanya Janca, who was on the podcast last year, is back! Since the last time we talked, she’s been very busy founding her own company, We Hack Purple. Tanya’s an expert on App Security, and through her company, she’s sharing those skills with online on-demand courses.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Tanya’s new community centered around her online academy, which has been a positive and kind space for discussing related topics.
- Why, if you’re a software developer, you should learn about app security and have a strategy to talk to management to get what you want and legitimize your job.
- Tanya’s book and how she teaches each lesson within it several different ways to make it accessible for various learning styles.
- Tanya’s current free mini-course offering about scaling your security program and security team.
- The best career advice Tanya has ever gotten.
- The importance of mentors in everyone’s careers and why it’s very important to build a community.
Resources from this episode: