Devart rolled out the next version of dbForge Studio for SQL Server, which in addition to a substantial redesign, got the new ‘Object Filter’ feature.
Devart, a recognized vendor of professional database management software for developers and DBAs, introduced a significant update to one of its key tools — dbForge Studio for SQL Server, v5.8. A powerful IDE for SQL Server management, administration, development, data reporting, and analysis gained massive improvements that users will definitely appreciate.
The enhancement has affected mainly: data and schema comparison features, diffs management, and deployment. A complete list of improvements includes:
Schema Compare and Sync
- Object Filter — the new feature allows filtering objects right in Comparison Document. Applying advanced filters makes the analysis of schema comparison results more effective, informative, and bespoke;
- Objects Text Diff Control (redesigned) — the coloring model of diffs highlighting simplifies the analysis of schema comparison results;
- Schema Comparison Report in HTML (redesigned) — HTML reports became more informative: apart from information about objects, they now include the actual script differences.
- Generate Comparison Report Window (redesigned).
Data Compare and Sync
- Data Compare Control (redesigned) — viewing of exact data differences has become more smooth and clear: tabs of the grid became more informative with more crisp data differences highlighting;
- Data Comparison Report in CSV (redesigned) — now IDE generates several report files in CSV format. One of them contains summary results, and the rest of the files contain specific data diffs info;
- Data Comparison Report Window (redesigned).
Devart is one of the leading developers of database tools and administration software, ALM solutions, data providers for various database servers, data integration and backup solutions. The company also implements Web and Mobile development projects.
For additional information about Devart, visit https://www.devart.com/