S2:E3 - Apple ARM-Macs, COVID-19 Vaccine, Privacy ‘Nutrition Labels,’ and Controlling Computers With Our Brains
In this episode, we talk about about Pfizer/BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine’s effect on certain tech companies, and we get into Apple’s App privacy “nutrition labels.” Then we chat with Ish ShaBazz, iOS engineer and creator of Capsicum app about Apple's ARM-based Mac’s and other noteworthy announcements from this week's Apple event. Finally we speak with Peter Yoo, director of research at Synchron, Inc, about the first human trials of their Stentrode brain implant which allows users to control computers with their brain.
- Triplebyte (sponsor)
- Vonage (sponsor)
- Zoom and other ‘stay-at-home’ stocks got crushed on the positive vaccine news
- App privacy details on the App Store
- Apple Event — November 10
- Patients with Severe Paralysis Use Stentrode Brain-Computer Interface to Text, Email, Shop, Bank Online, First-in-human Study Reports
- Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery: Motor neuroprosthesis implanted with neurointerventional surgery improves capacity for activities of daily living tasks in severe paralysis: first in-human experience
Ish Shabazz is the founder of Illuminated Bits, and an iOS Developer who supports other developers.
Peter Yoo is director of research at Synchron, Inc.