S3:E7 - Google’s Termination of Dr. Mitchell, Clubhouse Security, Australia’s News Publisher Law, and Low-Code Tools
In this episode, we talk about the termination of Dr. Margaret Mitchell, founder and lead of the Google Ethical AI team, Australia’s law requiring Google and Facebook to pay news publishers, and concerns over Clubhouse security. Then we are joined by Rahat Chowdhury, co-founder of Whimser, to chat about the large funding rounds low-code platforms have been receiving, what this means for developers, and where these tools might fit in our own development.
- DevDiscuss (sponsor)
- CodeNewbie (sponsor)
- RudderStack (sponsor)
- SendBird (sponsor)
- Google tweaks diversity, research policies following inquiry
- On the Firing of Dr. Timnit Gebru
- Facebook Blocks News in Australia, Diverging With Google on Proposed Law
- Facebook’s New Look in Australia: News and Hospitals Out, Aliens Still In
- Clubhouse Chats Are Breached, Raising Concerns Over Security
- Lets talk about the Clubhouse 'hack' which wasn't
- Creatio Looks To Go Big With Low-Code After $68M Raise
Rahat is a second career developer who comes from a background in customer support management. He is a mental health advocate, entrepreneur, and teacher who enjoys spending his free time mentoring new developers.