People are always looking for some new opportunities and ways to become better. Ok, not everyone, but the majority of them! The same with the technologies. They are constantly developing and becoming more useful, effective and productive. So, when I’m asked should I choose Magento 2 migration, I usually ask the counter question; “Do you want your business to be successful? Do you want developing and growing?”
If yes, let’s move forward and see other great opportunities that Magento 2 offers for its users:
- Your customers will really enjoy the experience your Magento 2 website will offer. Modern world requires being as quick as possible and ecommerce is no exception. Magneto 2 instant purchases feature positively affects the checkout process speed. By pushing a special box the customers will be directed to the confirmation page for making an order.
- Mobile shopping is much more effective with Magento 2. As stats shows, about 40% of online purchases are made through mobile devices. It means in order to be successful you should offer ideal shopping experience for mobile customers as well. Magento 2 templates are responsive by default as opposed to Magento 1.
- Good-looking and attractive design of an online shop is essential as it affects the customer's decision whether to stay with you or leave and never come back. Magento 2 has a huge amount of attractive templates that are responsive to any device.
- Magento 2 manages to process about 40% more orders per hour than Magento 1. It can significantly decrease cart abandon rate.
- Magento 2 offers much more effective reporting features that enable you to monitor the most important business metrics.
- Magento 2 also takes care of marketing aspects of your business. It has integrated Dotmailer that enables to create automatic marketing campaigns using SMS, Push, email and other channels.
I hope this short list convinced you that it is really worth Magento 2 migration to make your ecommerce business attractive and profitable. But you should be aware of some common pitfalls and challenges you can face during the migration process and it is better to know about them before the process starts. So, you can face:
Loss of important data. It is the most popular challenge that non-tech people are facing during the migration process without assistance from professional developers. Make sure that all necessary and important data about customers and products is safely transferred.
Slow speed of the current online store based on Magento 1. Your current online shop can continue operation during the migration process, but it can influence its loading speed. You have several options to overcome the challenge with minimum negative consequences. Choose the most inactive period of time for migration (not on holidays or season sales), inform your customers about the period of migration in order they can be aware and wait until it finishes or hire the professional developer for maximum optimization of your current online store website.
Loss of SEO positioning. Your products URLs, CMS pages and categories may be changed during the migration process. We usually recommend identifying 404 error pages on the new website and put them right with the help of 301 redirects.
Our Dinarys team has huge experience in Magento 2 migration and I just want to share one of our case studies.
Richter Gabelstapler company turned to us with the request to help in the Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration. They aimed at improving performance of the website, integrating new functionality and optimizing the website for mobile devices.
One of the main challenges in the migration process is to avoid data loss. We used Magento Migration Tool and successfully transferred all necessary and important information, including product data, customers information, orders information and SEO settings. New website design and layout helped to increase conversions and improve the customers' journey. Along with the Magento 2 theme, Magento 2 Invoice Payment extension was installed. It allows automatically creating invoices and the customers can pay their order on account - it is a convenient payment method specially for B2B sphere. Moreover, integration of M2E Pro solution, that connects the website with eBay and Amazon, helped to increase the sales.
Successful migration resulted in additional mobile devices traffic (62%), 35% of orders came from Amazon and eBay, loading speed increased by 25% and the conversion rates increased by 60%.