So my former coding partner Collins from Microverse and I decided to create a simple dashboard to track the novel coronavirus. This dashboard offers the following features that differentiate it from the others:
- A graph showing the growth of cases, death and recoveries globally.
- A list of all countries with their cases(confirmed, death and recoveries) with recoveries and mortality rate.
- Detail information per country and a graph on the cases growth over time of one month.
- Preventive measures to be followed to be safe
- Symptoms presented by someone infected
This dashboard is far from being perfect, as we know a lot could be added to it. However, this is our little quota in helping people have an idea of how this disease is spreading and what can be done to slow its spread.
- Automatically detect the country of visitor and show cases information
- Mark countries as a favourite, and show those countries data on top of the table on subsequent visits.
- Show daily addition of cases to inform the visitor of daily cases.
The project is open-source, therefore you could also contribute to it here.