In this tutorial, we will guide you to learn the Formulas for counting cells that begin with some values in Excel Office 365 with its brief explanation. Let’s see them below!! Get an official version of ** MS Excel** from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/microsoft-365/excel
- To count the number of cells that have values begin with given things or values in Excel, use the below formula.
- COUNTIF – The Excel COUNTIF Function will help to count the number of cells that match a single condition or criteria.
- Range -It represents an input range given in a worksheet.
- Text – It is the criteria to count the cells that should begin with particular values.
- Asterisk (*) – It is a wildcard in Excel that means “match any number of characters”.
- Comma (,) – It is a separator which helps to separate a list of values.
- Parenthesis () – The main purpose of this symbol is to group the elements.
- In the below screenshot, we will enter the input values in Column B.
- Then, apply the formula in the formula bar section.
- After entering the formula, it displays the results in Cell E5 as shown below.
From this tutorial, we explained the Formulas to count the number of cells contains the value that begins with particular values in Excel Office 365. You can also learn its basic syntax and explanation with its best example. Hope that this article is useful to you. Kindly, drop your feedback in the below comment section. Thank you so much for Visiting Our Site!! Continue learning on Geek Excel!! *Read more on Excel Formulas *!!