Are you an angry software developer?
Are you tired, bored, hated with your current software development environment?
This is what I thought from daily routines for years.
I grouping into three parts: mentality, technicality and be life.
I want to write it as-is. "literally" 😬
- You cannot revert time.
- What’s your idea to solve the problems?
- What are you proposing to solve the problems?
- A fellow developer is brothers, do not judge them, its not fair.
- You don’t know what kind of situation they face it on that day.
- Blame the person who pushes them to the edge and ignores their capability.
- Blame the person who hired them, why they cannot enable the potential of the developer.
- Blame the developer if you know them so fucking well ☺, it’s fair enough.
- Blame yourself if it’s fucking yourself, be brave be honest!
- If anything makes you doubt? speak up!
- If you think something is not right? speak up! Share your knowledge, principle, or thought
- Communicate, collaborate, and negotiate.
When something comes to you and in a hurry, follow the philosophy:
- Make it run first
- Make it right: “later” is lead to technical debt, problems debt. Wrote it, share it.
- Make it fast: You are the winner.
- Typically, software requirements are fragile until it's done!
- Accept it! don’t grumble, be an adult.
- If changes are too fast, say it loud, this is fucking shit! but then finish it!
- Write a readable and understandable variable name, method name, class name, etc.
- Naming things is hard but you need to be better from day to day.
- Always write code with single responsibility in mind first, then adjust it, balancing it
- Organize things! put things(code) on the right places.
- Do not add shit! on top a shit! ‘cuz you will become a fucking shit!
- You will find bad code, really, you will.
- Refactor it as much as you can when your task-related.
- So, learn how to refactor! Yes! you need to learn about fucking refactoring.
- Find out the purpose is necessary because you can get the insight. (curiosity)
- You need to know exactly what you are fucking doing!
- If you don’t challenge, you won’t change.
- But don’t forget to get sleep.
- Sleep is fucking needed! but don’t overdo it.
- Transform your emotion to other activities, such as gaming, travelling, hangout, etc.
- Cure it with positive things.
BTW there is a city called FUCKING https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria