We're happy to announce that we recently published a new Showcase page so you can easily show to the community what your Frontity project looks like!
We at Frontity are curious to see what you are building using the framework, and it's the same for people in the community and those who just find out about Frontity. They want to see examples, what they can create with the framework, and hear about other's developers experience and advice, specially when they are choosing a tech stack or considering different tools.
For this purpose, we have this category on our forum where the community can share their projects and feedback on Frontity. However, over these months, we realized that most people are unaware of this section. In an effort to help discover what the community is building, give more visibility to all the Frontity projects and make it easier to add yours, we have created this new Showcase page in our website. In addition, you can see all the projects in a more visual way now.
There are many reasons for you as a developer to share what you have built with Frontity. Let me list some of them:
- Your work matters and it can be a great motivation to encourage other developers. There can be users who are still baffled as to how using React for a WordPress site. Your work can help them understand how you're using Frontity and what can be accomplished with it.
- You have the opportunity to showcase your talent. This opens doors to connect with other people. In addition, if you're a freelancer, agencies or clients looking for developers to build a website with Frontity, can easily find you.
- It's free publicity for you or your brand: sharing your project will allow you to get more visibility and recognition.
- Inspire and be inspired: the Showcase section is a great place not only to inspire others with your work but also to get inspiration for your future projects and get a feel of new designs, approaches, etc.
- It's a way to get constructive feedback from other developers if you wish, which will allow you to enhance your personal and professional growth.
- It's a contribution to open source.
Sometimes, you might think that your work is not good enough to be shared, that it has nothing of note to offer, or that it has a lot of room for improvement. That's fine, there's no pressure of course to share your work if you don't want to. Just remember, there's no such thing as a perfect project. You're probably your harshest critic, so give yourself some credit! 🙂
There are two main ways to add your Frontity project to the Showcase page.
(1) The first and the easiest one is to fill out this form with your site's information:
- Title of your website (required)
- URL of your website (required)
- Source code (e.g. the GitHub repo of the project)
- Feedback (a few lines about your experience with Frontity)
- Your email address (in case we need to contact you if there's a problem with your form)
And that's it! We will review your submission and feature your project in the Showcase page.
(2) Alternatively, you can share your site via our community forum. Simply go to the Showcase category, open a new topic and write a post with a link to your website. Here are some ideas to include in your forum post.
Thank you to all the community members who already shared their projects with us! 🙌
This post was originally published at frontity.org/blog.