I received a new machine from my company for my job. With a machine with no software, so let's start setups an environment on it. My machine is
MacbookPro 16" 2019 with Intel Core i9 ( I know it is very hot), 1TB SSD and 16GB RAM. Why 2019? I have tools for DevOps, sometimes I have read a few complaints about the
M1 process from other engineers, so I decided on a
Macbook Pro 16" 2019
First of all, I installed
homebrew - package management in
OSX. Yes, many tools below use
brew installed, I don't want you pkg files, instead of the use command line.
brew install wget
I am using...
- Docker: build and deployment container
- Terraform: build and deployment infrastructure
- AWS CLI: interaction with aws via command line
- Kubectl: for learning and deployment of Kubernetes
- TablePlus: Database management
- Raycast: Spotlight instead
- Notion: quick note and share
- Bitwarden: Password management
- Postman: Testing my API
- Sourcetree: Version Control Source UI
- Flame shot: capture and edit image
- Karabiner: I use an external keyboard and it helps remap key
- Microsoft Edge: Primary browser, Safari is the second browser
I love the command line. An interesting terminal brings much inspiration for a development job. This is currently my terminal and how to set up it:
iTerm2 instead of the default terminal on
iTerm2 has many colour schemes, is customised a little and uses
GPU support rendering.
My shell is
Starship shows a whale in the terminal, it is very cool!.
BlexMono Nerd Font is my choice font.
As a Backend Developer, I choice
LunarVim is the primary editor for
NodeJS, sometimes I also write
HCL, config file like
LunarVim you have an editor like
VSCode but faster, smaller and customizer than
VSCode. I use
Gruvbox scheme with
To make your life easy, don't forget to use the aliases command.
Simply, add some command below to
.zshrc, reload and enjoy!
alias k="kubectl" alias tf="terraform" alias ggraph="git log --oneline --graph --color --all --decorate" alias branch="git branch -a" ...
Thanks for reading. Have a good day!