Droppin' insider logic bombs
Jerod, Feross, & Nick discuss the latest npm security fiasco, opine on the strengths and weaknesses of spreadsheets, explain CORS like they’re 5 (sorta), and give shout outs to deserving purveyors of fine software.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- DigitalOcean – The simplest cloud platform for developers and teams Whether you’re running one virtual machine or ten thousand, makes managing your infrastructure too easy. Get started for free with a $50 credit. Learn more at do.co/changelog.
- CrossBrowserTesting – The ONLY all-in-one testing platform that can run automated, visual, and manual UI tests – on thousands of real desktops and mobile browsers.
- Fastly – Our bandwidth partner. Fastly powers fast, secure, and scalable digital experiences. Move beyond your content delivery network to their powerful edge cloud platform. Learn more at fastly.com.
- Jerod Santo – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Feross Aboukhadijeh – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Story of the week
- The episode’s namesake, Insider Logic Bombs
- The story on dude who outsourced his job to Chine
- Nick and Jerod have both been using Notion lately
- ‘No way to prevent this’ is satire, y’all
- The purescript/npm incident explained
- Nick mentioned gifsockets, which might be the best hack of all time
- You’ll have to google the Hassehloffian Recursion yourself…
- If Feross’ explanation of the Zoom hack failed you, here’s a good one
- Read up on DNS rebinding for an upcoming ELI5 segment
- Jerod shouts out hpdang and FOSS Asia
- Feross shouts out Kyle Drake of neocities.org
- Nick shouts out coc.nvim