How to get into OSS
KBall and Nick sync up with Node.js core contributor Ujjwal Sharma to dive deep into how to get into the world of open source software.
- Rollbar – We move fast and fix things because of Rollbar. Resolve errors in minutes. Deploy with confidence. Learn more at rollbar.com/changelog.
- Datadog – Get a user’s-eye view of your frontend services with Datadog Synthetics. Automatically test your application endpoints with simulated traffic from global locations. Build multistep browser tests simply by interacting with your application. Build your first test today with a free trial of Datadog Synthetics and receive a free t-shirt.
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code
changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog
- Ujjwal Sharma – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
Stories on getting involved
- Google Summer of Code
- Ruby on Rails
- Public Lab
- ZURB Foundation
- Intern Testing Framework
How to get involved
- Node.js Code + Learn
- Node.js Mentorship Program
- Ember help wanted page
- Vue Vixens
- Vue Core Team