Today I released new VSCode extension Ruby's rstfilter extension.
This extension provides new Ruby development experience:
- You can see the execution results line by line on the editor without launching a ruby command manually. You only need to start rstfilter command by
Ctrl+Alt+S, and see the results of each lines and outputs on the bottom.
- You can see the expression results by hovering the mouse pointer on the expression.
You don't need to write
You don't need to use irb/pry REPL tools.
You only need to save the file and see the results immediately.
I hope it is useful for:
- Ruby newbie who want to check the results frequently.
- Test developers
- Prototyping developers for apps/libs
For the libraries, the following traditional idiom can be used.
class XXX ... end if $0 == __FILE__ # Try with XXX. # This test code will be ignored when the file is required. end
Enjoy your Ruby programming!
- xmpfilter in rcodetools
- JoshCheek/seeing_is_believing: Displays the results of every line of code in your file
- Duroktar/Wolf: Wolf is a VsCode extension that enables live inspection of Python code in the editor.
Update: v0.0.2 changes the interface. Save doesn't kick the rstfilter but you need to run rstfilter explicitly by
Ctrl+Alt+S. Please add
Alt to your
Ctrl-S saving :)