After working in several big compony that include testing and automation I discover Playwright.
I think that Playwright is very simple and fast tool for development.
You can create a Nodejs script for making automation of flow in your system or web scraping.
You also can use Playwright as E2E, an integration testing platform.
Playwright has its own test runner - @playwright/test that you can install as simple as NPM package.
- Run tests across all browsers.
- Execute tests in parallel.
- Enjoy context isolation out of the box.
- Capture videos, screenshots, and other artifacts on failure.
- Integrate your POMs as extensible fixtures.
- automate scenarios that require authentication (I think this feature is very useful).
- Visual compare screenshots.
- Customize reports.
- Easy to debug.