Thanks a lot for sharing this post. I didn't know that SQLite was used in production. I used it for testing locally in dev environments.
It works great for this use case but it also works well in production.
It's also used pretty often for mobile apps.
And, in case you never read it, you might enjoy How SQLite is tested :)
I actually encountered an issue with this. I updated a migration once to have a char(8) and accidentally updated a field to a string with 9 characters. Locally testing it with SQLite threw no errors, but on the CI my tests were failing and I couldn't figure out why.
Personal lesson learned: use the same rdbms as on production while testing.
We’re a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
We strive for transparency and don't collect excess data.