Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more tutorials on working with VueJS and AdonisJS -- an MVC framework for NodeJS!
When you are first starting out with VueJS, you will quickly get to a point where you need to communicate data between a parent component and its children.
In this tutorial, I cover the basics of how data can be sent between the two:
- How to pass data down from parent to child
- How to pass data up from child to parent
- How to use the .sync modifier
- Communication between sibling components.
- Sharing data between unrelated components -- those not on the same page at the same time.
One of the most consolidated misconceptions about programming, since the early days, is the idea that such activity is purely technical, completely exact in nature, like Math and Physics. Computation is exact, but programming is not.