Everyone on our team takes turns being on call for a week which is why I can say from experience that one or two Tier 3 support staff should be on call, and paid extra for that, instead of developers.
95% of the calls are things that someone with technical training can easily handle. The other 5% has never been a critical situation that needs immediate developer attention.
We're a place where coders share, stay up-to-date and grow their careers.
We strive for transparency and don't collect excess data.