- Evolution of RESTful services
- REST API Architectural Constraints
- Designing REST API
- REST API Error Handling Patterns
- REST API Cache Control Pattern
- REST API Security & Documentation and much more...
API is stands for
Application Programming Interface,and simply i'd like to say it's a way make some code talk to another throw many ways
send and recive data with kind of data format. And one of these ways is
In this article we will go throw
Roy Fielding's Paper,Representational State Transfer (REST) as our reference .
As we mentioned above API is sending and receiving data in kind of data format let's mention the most common two :
Well,Send and receive are two words that humans use , but
when we deal with an API we use
Simply clients send Requests to Servers and Servers are Responding to them with Response.
Feeling some gullibility here but why make it complicated!😂
Hey,We will discuss the anatomy of Api's Requests and Responses later! 👀
Piece of legacy
In 2003 the most common pattern to transfer data between
clients and server was in
XML, it's kind of data format .
Simple Object Access, it's a good way btw! , But it's major
disadvantage was ➡️ Heavy on network and slow performance! here where
JSONhas come and take the lead 🔥 .
Well ,we could say that not every
And that's it for this part!
So,what next ?
- How APIs work with HTTP.
- Request and Response Architecture
- Answering What is RESTful.
- How to make my API REStful.
- Whats is richardson maturity model ?